Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Olympic Moment of Day Five

Women's Downhill. I was originally not going to do an Olympic moment today, because my left hand is suffering from a pair of burns. And I was going to let that stop me. I bring that up, because it directly plays into today's Olympic Moment.

I was going to stop because, boo hoo, I have some blisters.

Lindsey Kildow crashed during the training runs in Alpine downhill. She had to be airlifted off the mountain, and ended up in the hospital. And yet, she kept herself in the race, didn't take her name off the start list. And today, she took to the mountain, bandaged, and with visible cuts on her face. But she went for it.

She ended up eighth, but considering she finished where many wouldn't have even started. That's heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home