Friday, August 19, 2005

Lightening Round!

Item: Nats split a double header with the Phillies. We needed to come out of Philly with a split of the series, which we did. They're a half game up on us in the NLE and WC races right now, but the rest of the season meetings between the two teams happen in RFK. Even if the Phils have taken 2 out of 3 there, I still feel better about having the games be at home down the stretch.

Item: The FSU Seminoles should continue to be called the Seminoles, and NCAA can just shove it. Same with the Utah Utes.

Item: WFU isn't being projected to do much this football season. I think we'll surpass expectations, but not enough so to go bowling. Will be interesting to see if we can extend our winning streak over new conference rival BC to three straight years.

Item: Washington Redskins. I'm torn about that name. How about Powhatans? Seems that generic references to Native Americans are considered bad, but specific tribes are okay.

Item: I'm torn as to whether there really is a Big Fish out there, in terms of the MLB steroids witch hunt. If there is, I hope it's not Clemens. Not cause I'm a fan of his as much as I think it'd be the biggest non-strike related black eye the sport has had since the Black Sox.

Item: Nats. Mets. Shea. Three games. We need to take one. We probably need to take two. If we take three, I'm willing to be irrationally exhuberant and declare the season turned around.

Item: Nats won't win all three.

Item: "Because the Royals and Rockies might play each other" is not a valid argument against Interleague Play. You listening, Gene?

1 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger thurdl said...

I'm the same way about the 'Skins name. It's started to strike me more and more odd with the debate started by the NCAA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home