Monday, October 02, 2006

NIH: Tubthumping

Briefly on Nick Johnson. He was in RFK on Sunday for the finale against the Mets. Those in attendance were treated to his highlight real with Chumbawumba's Tubthumping pounding in the background ("I get knocked down, but I get up again.") I was briefly hoping for him to hobble out on crutches just far enough to wave to the crowd, but instead we were treated to him on the Jumbotron, looking a little dazed (I'm guessing he's still on pain medication). Was nice to know he was there, even if he might not have been all there. Also, at some point "GET WELL NICK" was hung up by fans in the upper deck, large enough to theoretically be seen from the dugout, though I don't know how long he stuck around, and didn't see him at any other point during the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home